1. Signup with all related forums. Put your site in the footer links and go through answering product related questions on a weekly basis.
2. Create a free OSCommerce and Zencart template related to your parent niche (if you sell CDs make a music template), insert your link on it and distribute it on templatedirectories and their repositories.
3. Create an articles section on your site and put in a form allowing people to submit articles. Email hobby blogs in your niche asking to use some of their particularly good posts in exchange for a link back in the article. This will make them aware of your site and they might even link to you in future posts when talking about a particular product.
4. Steal your competitors articles and product reviews and do article distribution.
5. Create a blog on the site and give out manufacturer coupon codes regularly. This will sometimes help with getting negative results. Post those coupons on item #1.
6. Put all your products in Google Products (froogle/base). This will sometimes help with getting negative results.
7. Browse Google Products for small ecom sites with no reviews and similar products and link exchange on a separate automated link exchange script on a separate page.
8. Make sure you optimize your onsite seo, which of course should be a given!
9. Download, convert to html, and attach all the product manuals to each individual product. Link back to the product on each manual. This will give you more pages for indexing and catch a lot more longtail keywords.
10. Spam the Yahoo answers, Reddit and similar sites like that.
11. Directory submit! It may not work well for other sites of yours but ecommerce sites are almost always welcome in directories, it’s a bit of an odd school tactic, but it can get you leads.
12. Customize a nifty and unique toy style item with your logo on it and mail it to the most popular bloggers in your niche. Shirts and hats also work well.
13. If you have access to the products get a webcam and pretend to be a vlogger. Review the products and post them on all the major video sites.